Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
P.T. business hours

I'm awaiting my Challenger and study materials shipment this week. I plan to experiment with the machine this weekend and begin servicing real customers by next weekend. My current schedule leaves late afternoons on week days and all day Saturday for the carpet business. I'm curious to learn if people want someone in their homes cleaning carpets from 3:30 P.M till ?? on week days. I'm employed during the day at a manufacturing facility however I may be able to switch my work hours to sencond shift beginning at 3:30 P.M. or third shift starting at 11:30 P.M. Suggestions on which schedule would be best for operating the carpet cleaning business would be appreciated.

Re: P.T. business hours

Your customers who prefer an earlier dinner (or supper, depending upon where you are in the country) may balk at the idea of your coming in that late in the afternoon. They will be better candidates for your Saturday availability.

Re: P.T. business hours

I still hold down a part time job Monday through Weds where I get off at 3. For me, the afternoon times seem to be somewhat popular, but I've had the occasional person ask if there's any way to do an early morning on those days. And a couple have had their dinner plans interrupted by me being in their home until 7 pm or so, but nothing major. They usually seem to appreciate the hard work put in.

My guess would be that a lot of people would take you up on the afternoon time if they have a preference for your service over the others, whether b/c a friend recommended, best perceived service/price or whatever. But you may lose a few that "have to have" that Tuesday morning at 9am appt.