Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1/2 HP vs. 3/4 HP

Just wondering from you folks whether there is really much difference between the 1/2 and 3/4 hp as I decide which one to order... I know Mark has mentioned that you have and use both. Were I to order the 1/2 hp, do any of you out there think I might wish I got the 3/4 hp a few months from now?

Thanks!

Re: 1/2 HP vs. 3/4 HP

Hello,grant if you are planning on doing just residental carpet,I would get 1/2 hp. 3/4 I would
use for commercial I have use both But i really like my 1/2 hp.but 3/4 is faster also vibrates more. I have seen pics fall of walls.lol

Mike, interesting if the 3/4 vib's more than the 1/2

i bought the 3/4 because i'm the sort that would rather have more power than not enuff and regret it. that said, Mark D has told me his 1/2 does just as well as his 3/4 so go figure.

i'd listen to Mark D and others who have both models...they know more than me who has only used 1 lol.

thanx --- D

I have the 1/2 HP one and have no regrets.

I have a half horse also,can't complain..

I had only a 1/2 hp Challenger for about 3 years before adding a 3/4 hp machine. During that time I did hundred of jobs, both residential as well as small to pretty good sized commercial ones.

Thanks all. I ordered the 1/2 HP today and look forward to it's arrival. Sounds like it's a very durable machine, and of course I've been impressed by all the comments about the outstanding customer service. I also enjoyed talking to Mark today. Good luck with that wet weather there in Boston!