Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
updated website

www.sullivanscarpetcleaning.com

Re: updated website

Michael, your website is an excellent example for people just entering this business as to what to do & what not to do.
What NOT to do: DON'T have someone design a flashy, corporate-looking website. These can make you look insincere, which is how many people perceive big corporations. Leave out an excess of movement, flashing lights & banners, etc.
Focus on the essence of your message, or, as some would say: "Cut to the chase". Don't have a complicated site. Make navigation between pages nice & easy.

What TO do: Tell people what you do, as succinctly and clearly as possibly. If you do a number of things, focus on the main service, but also mention your secondary services. Use pictures where possible to substitute for a lot of wordiness.

My own site is being re-designed on these principles to make it simpler and more effective.

Good work!

Thanks For the kind words Mark,

Very nice website Mike! I would like to get a website but need to cost justify it to myself. Will a carpet cleaning website add to my bottom line? Will the cost to build and host the site be offset by additional business? What are your thoughts? Also question for you and Mark.......My tagline is "Chemical free and dry in minutes" and Mike you also claim "chemical free" is there any pontential liability in these statement since in reality if you read the MSDS sheet no product out there is "chemical free" perhaps "petrochemical free" but not chemical free.