Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Regular Customer Contact

I've always felt that by offering a unique combination of low-moisture and natural cleaning products, my customers would never think of calling anyone else when they need service. This, of course, is a little naive. I believe these benefits, combined with a high quality of service, generate a well above average level of customer loyalty. Still, it's possible for people to forget your name, your business name, as well as how to contact you. So I send out an annual customer letter, along with info on any updated or expanded services. I manage to get to it somewhere in the late winter to early spring. There are those who are much better at this part of customer relations than I, sending out a newsletter 2, 3 , or even 4 times per year. The legendary Chevrolet salesman Joe Girard always claimed that the key to his success was in first obtaining important dates in the lives of his customers: birthdays; anniversaries; dates when their kids were born, etc. He would then send them cards relevant to these milestones, every year. Of course, he also sent a card on the anniversary of their date of purchase of a Chevy from him.

So once you start getting customers, don't take it for granted that they are now yours for life. Devise some method of regular communication with them.
Become the only person to ever send them a card for Groundhog Day, Cinco de Mayo, Arbor Day, or maybe the vernal equinox.

Re: Regular Customer Contact

excellent info Mark.

i was going to post this today, since you started this thread i'll post it here :

today i called 3 clients from late last summer to see if they wanted to schedule a spring cleaning...have never done this before.

the 1st was a little surprised to hear who i was but she thanked me for calling. she said she couldn't schedule now cause she was on the other line, but said to call her back in 2-3 weeks to schedule.

#2 said they are moving and the boss (his wife) wasn't home but wanted to contact me, probably about a CC'ing before they show their home i'm guessing.

#3 kept thanking me for calling, to the point i had to laugh. she said she just looked at my biz card on her fridge this morning (pic of me and my 2 little nieces). she went on to say she wants her carpets cleaned but they have some health problems right now so to call her back at the end of the month.

i was pretty surprised by all of this and i plan on calling my clients every 9 months or so to see how things are and if they need anything cleaned.

just an idea for ya's

postcards sent every 6 months is something else on my to do list.

take care --- Derek.