Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey Mark?

Do you use any type of a portable hot water extractor?

I am wondering if I should add one to my tool chest.

Or if it would be a waste of $$

Re: Hey Mark?

I have managed to avoid ever acquiring or using one in my 15 years in the business. But I suspect that I am in the minority in this regard. Some would still say you should have a portable for the upholstery cleaning part of your work. But now, with encap methods seemingly working well for many in the upholstery arena, a portable may be less necessary than before encap came on strong. I'm always thinking: simplify, simplify, simplify.

Mark, what process are you using for resi uph cleaning if not HWE? while i have dome a Low Moisture cleaning once or twice in the resi setting, i have turned other pieces down because they were too soiled. in fact i just today ordered a Kleenrite Sphere : 100 psi / one 3-stage vac / 4 gall sol and recovery tanks / sol tank is lined with a thin piece of stainless steel with immersion heater at the bottom of the tank / weighs 50 lb's...for nearly $1100 delivered.

http://steambrite.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=926&lastcatid=203&step=4

thanx --- Derek.

Early in the life of my business, when I was still a Argosheen user, I adopted a hands-on method which appeared on some printed material Argo sent along with their shipped products. It involved the use of towels wetted with an Argo solution worked over the upholstery fabric. When I started using natural products instead of A-sheen, I continued a variation of this with the new product/s. Dry vacuum. Spray lightly to moderately over the body/cushions/pillows. Wipe down with damp pads to remove soil and rinse out the cleaner. Sometimes now I'll skip the spray-on par, and with my hand-held orbital stair tool, and small cotton pads squeezed thru with my cleaning product or an encap product, clean everything this way. Maybe finish up with pads immersed in water, then squeezed out. Something like Gary Heacock explained in a post recently.