Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Job went A OK

The berber job went well today: I did two rms resi work. One room was an old style shag type carpet, I never seen anything so ugly in all my life (except my father in laws plumbers crack).

The shag came up so so but the customer was happy, then went into the room with the berber style. She pre vaced and moved all the stuff out of the room before I arrived. I should have brought the 15' cimex with me. The Challenger was like riding a bucking horse( the floor was not level) the room used to be a grage and they turned it into a family room and never leveled the floor. I got a good workout doing that rug let me tell you. However it came out great, used encap punch and had the pads wet but not soaking and went over with a dry couple of pads and it looked good. Home owner was very pleased.

So all in all a good day and a good amount of mooola for an hour and 15 worth of work and 15 of it was small talk with customer and kids.

Re: Job went A OK

Did you use a glider with the Challenger on the bumpy floor? If so, which one?

Hi Mark
I used the holy.

Possibly the bumping around might have been lessened if you had tried using the medium (solid) glider.

The floor did not seem level at all.
Well it sure was a good workout and it looked great after it.

Some of those berbers are grabby. One of my regulars has a olefin...its construction is like a giant old style pot holder(weaved with loops like rubber bands),and it is a real bear!I don't clean it..it cleans me..I have tried every glider in the truck,every technique I can think of..It stays wet forever if I use HWE..I just try to hang in there..

Dennis, you sure that's a Berber? sounds alot like a Braided Rug as well.

congrats Joe --- Derek.

Well either way job went well, customer works for big law firm in town and after I did her carpet the next day her boss (the big shot lawyer) calls to have is office cleaned next month. All thanks to that one berber style carpet. She told me this lawyer is the guy to be "in with" and I should get a lot of work from his buddies in town. See the bottom line is; in my town its who ya know.

It looks braided Derek,but its wall to wall,do they make a braided wall to wall?
They should put the crap on the outside of our tanks in Iraq.