Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark or any one

I have a job comming up on a berber style. I dont know the fiber type and on the encap board I said this.

I received a reply that stated "I should know the fiber type because of a what if happens". What if I brown it out or what if I shrink it.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Mark, in all your years in the biz has this ever happened to you?

Isn't it the reason we do VLM type cleaning as to not have to worry about HWE type pit falls? Browing, shrinking, seam popping.

I mean I would really have to soak a carpet to shrink it or brown it, right.

I have this job on the 20 and I am a nervous wreak about it. It's my first res job.

thanks

Re: Mark or any one

Hello joe,I use magic potion on 90% of my jobs and love it The only time you will have browning is high ph on wool or 100% cotton I bet the carpet your cleaning is a olfin type.

hiyas Joe :)

carpets don't, least not that i've ever seen. i dunno if the older style carpets with a Jute backing shrank, i wasn't around back then (decades ago).

no berber is gonna shrink. only time i was worried of browning is leaving the carpet too wet. it's a pitfall with HWE operator inexperience. not a concern for VLM operator inexperience, least not that i can see.

you just have a good case of the jitters Joe....we've ALL had them. sometimes i still do, but i'm a noob :)

hope this helps some --- Derek.

BTW, recently spoke with a Steamway rep about their cleaning solutions. when he mentioned olefin berber he taught me that since olefin is oil loving, you don't want to use a solvent based cleaning solution on it. you do want to use something surfactant based.

i'm no chemist, wish i was, but i know my encap solutions are all surfactants. so like today, i use them on olefin berbers.

have you taken a carpet cleaning course yet Joe? they teach ya how to ID fibers. personally, i never ID fibers, tho i technically should. i doubt i'm the only one. but i don't use high pH cleaners or high heat so i figure i should be safe :)

The only products I use on a day-to-day basis are:
1. my natural products from Bioforce:
a. Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. Neutral pH. &
b. Outsolv. pH of about 8 - 8 1/2. and
2. Encap products: Releasit & SnapEncap. Both are neutral, I believe.
I'm not aware that I have ever caused browning to occur with any of these products. So fire away!