Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
coupon mailers

Has anyone tried advertising in the coupon magazines that are mailed to homes in your area. I have considered putting an ad in the 'Savvy Shopper' which is a high quality monthly mailer in my town. The sales rep is telling me I'll reach 174,000 homes and I'll have to hire more help to handle all the calls- Is he just selling me? What results have you gotten from coupon mags?

Re: coupon mailers

I've just done a 50,000 piece mailing as part of a "pack" of some 30 cards. The company putting it together is called RSVP Media Group, with locations in various parts of the country. They mail to high-end demographic households only. Costs about 5 cents each card to be in the pack, so my participation cost me about $2500. They did the design & layout. I had to pay $75 for a photo I wanted to be on my card. I'm just starting to get some responses to the mailing, which went out about a week ago.

let me know how that works out.

I have used Val-Pac as well as a local mailer @ 10,000 pcs for $500.00 the response was not great. I have read and been told that for these mailings to be sucsessful you need to particapate in at least 3 or 4 in a row to gain awareness and good response. I do not reccomend this as a one time campaign. Also you need to offer a really good special. I personally do not like specials becouse of the competitors bait and switch offers ie. $75.00 whole house, or $8.00 a room.

The post card pak mailing I'm doing thru RSVP media group mails only to very high end neighborhoods. While they suggested offering a "deal" of some type to recipients, I didn't feel it made sense to mix high-end marketing techniques (selling quality & value) with lower-end "pitches" "100 sq. ft FREE to every customer!!!" While I have had responses, they have been less that I had anticipated. I am going to proceed with a later Spring mailing they have planned, and see what results from doing 2 in a row.