Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wool steps and carpet

Is it business as usual (which is using Envirocare natural stuff), with wool steps and carpet. Is it tougher to get dirt/stains out??Are there any big concerns I need to know. Mark - will that hand held machine for steps, work well on wool? Is tip bloom a consideration on wool??

Re: wool steps and carpet

My own opinion is that when you are using an orbital machine, whether on floor carpet or stair carpet, most of the serious work is being accomplished by the high level of agitation rather than the soil-breaking-down capabilities of the particular brand of cleaner you are using. So continuing to use a natural product should be just as effective as if you switched to a synthetic chemical. If the stairs are really heavily soiled, vacuum well, spray with cleaner, scrub in with a brush, or with a fiber (non-absorbent) pad; go do some other job on the premises letting the cleaning solution have extra time to break down the soil, then go back with cotton pads.

Use more prespray on the wool double what you would normally use on synthetic ,other wise you will not get satisfactory clean

never heard of what phil said. if this is true, why?

thanx --- D.

Wool is absorbent; synthetic fibers are not. The liquid "disappears" into the fibers, instead of being on the surface where it is more available to aid in
separating soil from the fibers.

Mark - being that wool is more absorbent wouldn't you want to use LESS in fear of having carpet stain from overabsorbption (isn't this what browning and wicking is about - or am I wrong??).

I can only speak from my own experience. Don't know that I've ever caused wicking, or had stair carpeting
turn brown, as a result of cleaning them with Outsolve. If you're worried about that, then finish up with a dry pad, to absorb the max amount of cleaner back out.

Sheeps get wet don't they?

Dogs get wet too! ever smell one??