Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Minor Challenger problem

While doing my 9 room residential on Sat, my challenger stopped dead with 1/2 room remaining to encap.
I was encaping with FP pad but suspected it might have overheated???
I finished the room with my stair machine. I was happy the owners didn't see me down on my hands and knees at that point.

Anyway, upon inspection I found the wire connectors within the switch housing had come off. One connector on the silver switch itself is bent at a downward angle because of the small compartment ( I imagine anyway)

Question for Mark, is it possible to get a new switch? I know due to the bend, it is only a matter of time until the one connector breaks off. I really don't want to get into this situation again.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Den

Re: Minor Challenger problem

Dennis
Send this in an e-mail to Lee Watson, at
contact@challengerop.com. He's always quick with a response to little technical glitches like this (and more knowledgeable than I)

hiyas Dennis :)

yea someone just posted this problem last week i think. the only time mine has come off is when i step on the cord, it'll pull the wire's off those connectors in that "box". i just pop off the plate with a screw-driver and poppem back on. your's are loose it seems...maybe crimp them on a little bit somehow?

yea, Lee will help ya.

take care Bro --- Derek.

Thanks Mark, I emailed as suggested.

Derek,
I think the other problem with the wire is the cable pulling out of the switch box. This is the small connectors within the switch box.
The one I'm concerned about is bent down at 45 degrees and I don't think it will stand much vibration.

Its just one of those things, but I know if I don't have a replacement ready, I'll be sorry.

so it's a diff problem than what i've experienced?

do me a fav and post or email the solution Lee sends you, would hate to be caught unawares myself!

thanx --- Derek :)

Lee says this connection has NEVER failed in the past. He suggested tightening/crimping the connection to prevent it from slipping off again.

The piece of metal that the connector goes over is what I perceive to be the weak point in this situation. It probably will be alright but it bent back up from the downward angle too easily for my liking. But honestly speaking after looking at the hookup, its only an electric switch so it should be quite easy to replace if it does go. In fact it might be worth soldering the connection when I have the time.

I'm still sold though, couldn't do without the challenger.

I have had the same issues and found them frustrating. In my opinion, this is an area they need to improve on - I told Lee Watson this myself. I took off the screws, and based on what he said crimped the wire into the connector (it was a black wire) with needle nose pliers. The whole switch assembly just does not seem as sturdy as I would like it.