Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
shag and frieze

Did an apartment today that had an old pile low shag rug. Owner said I could experiment with different pads and solutions. Spotted with Vacaway ENC-DS and presprayed with Orbit Kleen. Used the Dura pad from Steve Smith. The difference was remarkable. Carpet stood up and had a great color and appearence to it (light and medium brown colors, a varigated type). Just for grins and giggles went back over a part using a cotton pad. The carpet tip bloomed great and in places looked like a flat fuzz ball. Owner did not care as it looked super clean. Problem is when I removed the cotton bonnet from the Challenger it was dirtier than Dura Pad. In fact it absorbed so much more dirt it looked as if I never cleaned the carpet with the Dura Pad. Doing a Frieze tomorrow. How do I get this type of carpet clean only using the Dura Pad? Is it even possible?
Thanks for the help,
Skip

Re: shag and frieze

myself i'd only use a Tuway Thinone and not goto cotton on a Frieze. i'm sure those with enough experience feel comfortable enough to use cotton, i'm a noob tho. maybe in a year or 2 i'll be man enough to try it

but like you stated, after the Thinone it looked remarkable/great. so you could've just stopped there. but double cleaning always will pull up more soil, especially on an ancient rental shag. you could have followed it with a HWE, then followed that with another OP cleaning and continued to pull up more soil. you have to ask yourself, when does it stop being practical and profitable. as you know, no carpet is ever free of all soil.

no doubt Mark D. uses cotton with no worries...but i'd bet he uses a glider on Frieze's. so if your gonna try cotton, go with a solid glider! try it in an inconspicous area 1st to see how it reacts to it.

just my noob advice --- Derek

Did the Frieze this am. About 6yrs old and showing some wear. Only lightly soiled with a couple of pet stains. Used the encap ds mixed 8 h2o-1 as a spotter on stains and blotted up. Presprayed with Orbit kleen and used durapads. Vacuumed before but not after as customer was more than pleased and insisted she would vacuum later in the day. I was very pleased with the results this time. Customer is an interior decorator and is going to recommed us to all her friends and customers. Great job Challenger!

hey, it's the tech not the machine! good job Skip

dang, i never get stuff like that happening to me. seems everyone posts about how they clean for someone who gets them oodles of work/phone calls.

when am i gonna get my big break!?!?!?!? --- Derek.