Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
green stripy pads - need gliders??

Where i buy local supplies, I showed the guy my setup. He insists that when using the green stripy pads that they should be used without a glider. I have NOT tried this - too chicken to ruin the machine. So...I am asking - do we need the glider with the green stripe pads, or no??

Re: green stripy pads - need gliders??

I don't use a glider with these pads. Their "slippery" synthetic fibers don't grab at the carpet the way cotton fibers do, so I haven't ever found a glider to be necessary.

Thanks Mark. another question - do the gliders protect the machine or the carpet. Naively, I thought somehow it proteccts the machine's motor (thought I read it would burn it up without a glider). am I wrong??

hiyas steve :)

i dont use a glider w/ those pads either.

gliders are to protect carpet, but they do make it easier on the motor as well.

thanx --- derek.

oh, and they are to make it easier on us

but i don't use them at all anymore...least not for now.

thanx --- Derek.

Derek - does that mean you don't use them with a normal cotton pad? Please explain

Steve, as i mentioned in other posts, i don't like to use Gliders. i mean, if i was REALLY concerned with TipBloom, i might use it. but then again, i just might use a Tuway Thinone synthetic pad instead, so's i don't have to use a Glider.

i dislike the Gliders only because i want full pad contact. it bugs me to know that i have a Glider on there that is hogging up at least half of the cleaning surface. that means that i have to go over areas MORE which means MORE time and MORE pads. i'm stingy with my time

thanx --- Derek.

Kind of interesting - I was looking at it the same way - man I'm only getting 1/2 the floor. Looking at a job before you start, how would you know it was succeptivle to tip bloom?????

Steve, this topic has been discussed many times here and on other forums. use the Search feature above and type in : bloom

the only carpets that i worry about TB are Frieze's (the "new" shag). then i use a Tuway Thinone and no worries.

on other carpet types, just make sure the carpet is "lubed" well enough and you don't sit in any one spot too long....aka - keep it moving!...and you should be fine.

thanx --- Derek