Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feedback on Gaining Jobs

Since Sept, I have signed on with a Popular Real Estate Company in my area. What they offer is to be a Vendor for their company. They have electricians, plumbers etc..The cost is $500.00 for 1 year. So far I have received 4 jobs, and made $1400.00. I got my initial investment back, made a little bit, and now we will be into to a busier season in a month or two and Im good until Sept, when the contract ends.. Usually, you call them, express interest, fill out a form with a check, advise them as to the areas you will serve in your state, and they will refer you as new home buyers come in and want carpets done. They will also esablish(in most cases)a small web-site on their company site, for potential clients to log on and see what you do. Its very basic but hey...All those clients so far called me because of the All Natural and Chemical Free Process...The real estate company usually asks for 10% referal fee. They also informed me that most vendors get an average of 25-40 jobs per year.
I also personally drove to the local corporate office, to speak with the ladies there, to fill out the paperwork in person so as to put a face with my service. I spotted a coffee stain on their carpet. I said I would remove the spot as a complimentary display of my product. They said yes, and I pre-sprayed-took my time getting the challenger in-wet one pad-put down the holy glider-and it came out-(good ol challenger). So not only did the ladies who give the referals see ""exactly"" what it is I offer, but 2 of them asked me to come in to their own residences, and clean their carpets. Now they are confident when they refer me, and we actually had fun watching the challenger do its thing..
If this vendor program truly proves to be profitable, which I think it will, I will then call 2 or 3 of these high end real estate companies, and be a vendor for multiple companies.
Another thing I will be doing is going to my local town hall, town clerks office, and on a weekly basis write down the names and addresses of all the people who have just closed on buying property in town. Some people do not always hire a carpet cleaner prior to moving in because of all the comotion of moving. A little colorful post card refering to living with mystery dirt from someone else-start out fresh with XYZ.....That may be a targeted group..This information at the town hall is public info, and you are entitled it...
Good Luck this year....
Rich.

Re: Feedback on Gaining Jobs

Rick - I was planning on doing basically your idea - the second one. May I suggest something "simpler". I am in Ohio - at least here, both the local and major newsppaers publish a list of closings every single week. That may save you time. If you don't know what day they do it, call your paper and ask. I have to believe most areas do this, since it's public record.
I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind? I don't know where you are located, but I doubt we are competitiors. What real estate company is it, that you signed up to be a vendor? If it's big, they likely have it here. If you don't mind - please advise.

Sure Steve -it is Prudential Real Estate..

I am in connecticut--and thanks for the feedback on the papers-we have local papers here, but I will check-thanks again...