Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goals for the New Year

Would love to hear all of your goals for the New Year.
Mine are:
1. to work more intently on developing working relationships with a variety of local businesses who have the potential to direct business my way, including:
-real estate brokers
-maid & housecleaning services, and
-dry cleaning shops, esp. those offering a "safer,
cleaner" form of dry cleaning.

2. Build up the hard surface floor services side of my business, esp. via targeting appropriate markets for my new & unique wood floors refinishing service
(as seen at www.oiled-wood-floors.com).

and finally,
3. Wratchet up my equipment distribution activities.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all who post and lurk here.

Re: Goals for the New Year

happy new year to all!

the new year always brings rays of hope and new found resolutions whether it be business or personal related.

first and foremost, my goal is to get my health back 100%, hopefully. these last 2yrs have pretty much been a road to recovery for me (health wise) and with a lil more effort, i'm confident to realize that goal.

business wise, my goal is to re-establish what i once had here in jersey before i left the state 5yrs ago.
am also confident that goal will be realized seeing there are many folks asking me when i'm going full force back in residential cleaning.

will also go after some commercial accounts (not too may) as a base of steady income so i can walk away from the floor cleaning contract i now have.

last but not least, i'm looking forward to a business partnership with my son who expressed interest in hitting the road with me to start, and ultimately getting techs out there doing the cleaning.
our services will include the following.
*residential/small commercial carpet/upholstery cleaning and will use the method best suited for the job at hand.
*tile and grout cleaning
*air duct cleaning
*home water filter sales

just bought a new chevy express van to get this game on the road.

have a happy, be safe and god bless!

Re: Goals for the New Year

My Goal as a New Business is to give the Best possible service at a fair price. Take whatever time necessary to accomolish a job well done. Under-promise and Over-deliver.
I remember a recent documentary on the Lady who started the Mary Kay cosmetic business. She said she failed at first because she was doing too much to promote her business in too short of time, got over whelmed and burnt out. Then she took a different approach which I will be trying this year. She said no matter how little or insignificant it was, she always did one thing every day to promote her business. Whether it was speaking to 1 person or business. Walking up 1 street and hanging Mary Kay door hangers. Placing a few calls to business's or individuals, whatever...She found that it was not overwhelming and over time those little efforts added up big over time-obviously...So I know cosmetics is not carpet cleaning, but the idea makes sense..
Happy New Year...