Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
more on cleaning urine

my own house had it real bad in the basement. Added the 4 0z pine sol to orbit clean - seemed to make it worse. First it smelled all nice and Pine Sol, and then it wore off and it seemed to enhance the smell of pee. Did it again - same result. Both times I gave dwell time of about 15 minutes. As a final desperation, figured got nothign to loose, sprayed same formula again with 2 hours, and then used the Challenger. Right before using Challenger, sprayed down again to get carpet mosit. The 2 hours made a world of difference. Smell is gone now. My only concern - do you think I still have tons of chemical in the carpet? Was it smart to wet it down right before OP'ing it again, after I let it sit for 2 hours?

Re: more on cleaning urine

Sounds like multiple applications, along with sufficient dwell time, is the key to success with this approach. I wouldn't worry about the accumulation of chemical, unless someone in your household starts reacting badly. Then possibly you might have to remove the carpet.

Re: more on cleaning urine

or instead of trashing the carpet, try rinsing with HWE or just rinse with your Challenger / cotton pads and plain hot water.

thanx --- Derek.