Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Major problem on new machine - HELP!!!!

I got my machine maybe about 10 days ago. Used 1 time. (Really impressed by the way - got a carpet that had been trashed super clean.).
I plug machine in tonight to clean another area. HUMMMMM is what I get. I take off top cover with the 2 screws. Push reset. turn on again HUMMMMMM. then throws the breaker. So.....I know a little how to troubleshoot. I take it back to exactly the place I plugged it in and used it without a problem last time. Plug it in. HUMMMMMMM. Breaker goes out. I keep pressing red button, resetting breaker. Motor will not allow machine to spin. Do I have a short? What can this be? I have 2 "real" jobs for money booked on Wednesday - now I feel like an idiot. Can not get machine to work. Any ideas please, please post tonight.

Re: Major problem on new machine - HELP!!!!

sorry, no clue here. hopefully someone else will post with some help.

but definitely call Lee Watson @ Challenger Pad Systems directly 1st thing Monday morn : 877-446-5887

let us know what caused it and what fixed it plz!

thanx --- Derek.

Derek - I called, Lee is in a meeting and getting back to me. They are SO NICE - I really feel like I'm dealing with a first class company (which I think I am). My question - am I going to be up at 339 AM from doing carpet cleaning? Surely there must be better things to do at that time (LOL) - I'll report an update when I know. Although I said major problem, my gut says it's a "minor problem" but everything appears major when you want something to work!

i agree Steven, the Watson's are real nice ppl to deal with from my experiences. if they see you have a problem on the fourms, they wont hesitate to take the 1st step and call you b4 you call them.

excellent support!

yeah i'd just gotten back from CC'ing a restaurant. me and the missus do this particular job once about every 2 months. last nite we finished earlier than ever...gettin faster we typically Cimex / Encap it with Releasit's Encap Clean. this time it was 1.5 - 2.5 hours faster because the last cleaning we post-OP'ed all the traffic lanes and now 2 months later it still looks better than ever. THE CHALLENGER ROCKS

thanx --- Derek

Chris Watson has e-mailed me saying that Lee has been attempting to assist in the problem area.

update to problem: Took in to an electrical machine repair shop authorized to work on Baldor's. They called today and said motor is fine, but wheel is bent (which I don't understand - it looked fine, and spins by hand perfect). Lee Watson is calling them, and then hopefully I'll have a resolution. I DON'T think this is a huge problem - as long as I get parts quick.

resolution - pad wheel was not bent (how could it be - it's made of wood). Guys at machine shop did not know what they were talking about. It did have a motor mount screw that was loose, jammed between the wood wheel and the motor, and that's why machine kept stalling. Called Lee - or rather he was nice enough to call me first, and I took it apart (do nto be afraid of this - it's e-z), put screws back in, and I think it should be good now.

ahhh the old motormountscrewthatwasloose,jammedbetweenthewoodwheelandthemotor,andthat'swhymachinekeptstalling problem...glad i never had it!

thanx for the update Steven --- Derek.

All's well that ends well. (W Shakespeare)