Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pet urine smell continued

Monday I cleaned a 400 sq foot berber carpeted room that reeked of cat/dog urine. The customer was at wits end and was going to trash the carpet. I mixed 6 0z of liquid procyon,4 oz of Pine sol, and hot water in a 2 gallon pump srayer. Treated the carpet,let dwell about 15 minutes, and padded. I retreated, padded again and closed off the room and left. There was an odor (strong) of Pine-Sol when I left. I revisited the home yesterday. Absolutely no evidence of urine stains or smell. The Pine-Sol smell is totally gone. Carpets are soft and clean.One very,very happy customer.

Re: pet urine smell continued

dang Chuck, good job. someone's posted about PineSol b4, maybe u.?. i am gonna have to try it for those type jobs.

take care --- Derek.

I'm glad it worked for you Chuck. It kind of takes guts to risk stinking up someones house that badly doesn't it? It could have made you look really bad, huh? Using Pine Sol has me thinking way outside of the box now!

instead of pine sol - what if you would have mixed with Odo Ban?

Steven, give that a try and let us know how it works for you OK?

One's success in using any one of these products will depend upon how far down the urine has travelled. If it is no deeper than the base of the carpet, many such products may work. If the urine has spread into a pad beneath the carpet, the room will still smell unless the offending area of the pad is cut out and replaced.
It gets worse. Sometimes, after the animal has made a certain spot its own private toilet, urine may be soaked into the wood floor or subfloor beneath the carpet and pad. The choices then are either to sand out the affected area of the wood floor, or at least to cover it with a coat or two of a sealer: polyurethane, acrylic, or something like that.

i've heard tell that some subfloors get so saturated with urine that they cave in

for covering wood floors, spraying Binz (found in paint sections - alcohol base) is great!