Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BRAIDED WOOL RUGS

MARK,
I HAVE A CUSTOMERS BRAIDED WOOL RUG THAT I CLEANED AND DEODORIZED BUT IT APPEARS THAT SOME OF THE RED FIBERS BLEAD. WHAT CAN I DO OR SAY TO THE CUSTOMER. ALSO IS THIS VERY COMMON?
I AM GLAD TO ANNOUNCE THAT I AM TAKING MY FAMILY ON A MUCH DESERVED VACATION TO WALT DISNEY WORLD ON OCTOBER 22 UNTIL OCT 30. WITHOUT MY CARPET CLEANING BUSINESS I WOULD NOT HAVE AFFORDED THIS. THANKS SO MUCH MARK!

Re: BRAIDED WOOL RUGS

First things first: Thanks you very much for the kind words. All I can do is introduce you to the equipment, supplies & process. The rest is up to you.
Have a great trip!!
With regard to the colors which MAY (or may not) have bled: when cleaning area rugs, I have occasionally had some color show up on the working side of the pads. I try to point this out to the customer, explaining that the rug was made with dyes that weren't totally colorfast. Sometimes when an area rug is being cleaned for the first time, some of the excess color (dye) from the manufacturing process will appear on the pad. Once this excess color is gone, there may be no further color removal when the rug is being cleaned.
I would explain this to your customer, pointing out that there really would be no effective way to clean this particular rug, given its non-colorfast qualities, short of running it through a dry cleaning
machine which uses a waterless solvent. You might offer to remove this item from your bill as a sympathetic gesture.