Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Orbit Kleen

Had one of those inferior grade commercial olefin jobs in a M.D.'s office (seems to be alot of that)that hadn't been cleaned in years. They wanted me to clean it & then they would go home for the weekend so I pulled out the Challenger.

Had some Releasit I was going to use but I had a 2 gallons of Orbit kleen on the shelf. Man, I forgot how great that stuff cleans up especially on an olefin.

Why don't I hear of Orbit Kleen that much? Something wrong with it or is it a secret? I used alot last year with no problems, gave some to a bonnet carpet cleaner in some spray jugs & he loved it & wanted to know what it was but I couldn't pass that info along.

Re: Orbit Kleen

Gary, I agree with you. I think Orbit Kleen is the best kept secret out here. I need to buy a case of it right away. I tried some recently and really am impressed with it. It's one of those cleaners that dissolve many of the spots before you even start up the machine. Smells good too.

According to the MSDS Sheet:

Ethylene Glycol
Butyl Ether
Plus trade secret ingredients and mixture of non-hazardous cleaners, degreasers, compounding aids, and PFM. This product contains glycol ethers, listed by EPA as hazardous.

No pH listed, but I tried hydrion papers on the concentrate and would estimate between 10.5/11.5.

if that IS the correct pH, keep in mind it's too high for wool carpet and will damage it.

ask them to send you a MSDS of it and then you'll know for sure. always good to carry all your MSDS sheets on your truck in case your ever in an accident and OSHA wants to check things over

i used OrbitKleen on my very 1st OP job by mistake. i thought i was using Dynachem's Encapsulate lol. but it worked OK, client was happy.

now that i am a little more experienced with my Challenger, i will have to give it a second chance for sure.

thanx --- Derek.

opps, i see you mentioned the MSDS Roger. doesn't say the pH on it?

thanx --- Derek.

Despite being one who distributes the Challenger (which always arrives with a supply of OrbitClean) I have never actually used it. On my residential jobs, I guarantee all-natural, chemical-free cleaning products, so OrbitClean would not pass this test. On commercial jobs, I now mostly use Releasit DS. I use it as it is described by its manufacturer as
VOC-free, which is the standard I promise to my commercial customers: Facility Managers; Executive Housekeepers, etc.

I clean nearly everything with a mixture of 1st Enviro organic cleaner and Procyon, or Releasit. I will say I get very few customers who seem to care at all what I clean with. I even advertise organic cleaning but get very few calls for that reason. The jobs I get are usually bid competitively or I wouldn't get them. If I go into a home with children, I will not clean with "hazardous" cleaners, but many of those people could care less that I'm this careful. When I've used Orbit Clean it's been mixed in with 1st Enviro. Works great but things have to get pretty nasty before I use it. A good choice when needed I think.

I should probably carry some around if it is that effective. While the largest single subgroup of my customer based are customers who seek to minimize their exposure to chemicals, there are of course many others who just want their carpets to look better.
But since my jobs involved spraying the chemical onto the carpet, I subjuct myself as well as anyone working with me to what I consider unnecessary chemical exposure. So my first choice is always going to be the plant-based product.