Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Challenger RPM's ?

I read that the motor on the Challenger turns at 1,725 rpm. I am asuming that the velcro pad drive plate also turns at 1,725 rpm. Is this correct? Sounds very fast to me. Possibly, the drive plate turns much slower when in actual use. What can you all tell me about this? Can anyone verify the RPM of the Challenger drive plate and whaat about oscillations per minute? Also, how does this compare to other machines such as the "Conquerer" or "Breeze"? Thanks for the help!

Re: Challenger RPM's ?

They are all about the same. The individual orbits
(also known as ellipses or oscillating movements) are scrubbing in little scrubbing motions at 1725 RPM. There is some additional rotary movement in the range of 90 - 100 RPM. The rotary movement is only there to allow what would otherwise be "fixed" orbits to become "random" orbits. Fixed orbits are great soil
removers. Random orbits are even better because they allow a machine to scrub from an infinite variety of
angles. "every which way but loose"

RPM's are the same on all oscillating machines, however the orbits are not the same, larger orbits produce much faster cleaning.

There has been general disinformation here on what the differences are.

Hruby, CCS oscillator, Challenger, Instigator, Terri towel machine all have the same orbit, Conquerors are larger orbit machines and CCS's commercial machines have even larger orbits.

John, why not just start posting your real name?

thanx --- Derek.

Yes, Jason/John, shouldn't you be over at your own board whipping & scourging Blue Staters, Unitarians, and other assorted infidels? I believe your Flat
Earth Society group is meeting at this very moment.

Easy on Jasohn's board there. I've had a couple of absolutely brilliant posts over there myself. Jason, one thing I admire about Challenger is the steadfast reliability of the machine. I bought an Orbitec 1hp - 17" in Oct. Although it has this wider orbit and is the "best OP on the market", I much preferred the Challenger. Soon after my purchase "many things have changed" and obviously the Orbitec really wasn't yet perfected, but my money was spent. Meanwhile, the Challenger keeps churning out great jobs for me. In fairness to Clark, he has offered to update my machine if I send it to him, but he's a busy man. I'm almost afraid to send it off. Point is, purchasing a machine that was still in design phase causes me to loose faith. I think for residential cleaning, the Challenger is the right size and orbit. Aren't you guys primarily going after strictly commercial work? I'd have to see a direct comparison to a Cimex on commercial work. Cimex has such a solid reputation in commercial cleaning.

i agree that John and Clark no doubt make quality equipment. different strokes for...

the Challenger was the better fit for my needs and my wallet at this time. the results i am getting are awesome! and the machine is running smooth. i am hearing a little more "rattling" than at 1st. i take this as i need to check the nuts & bolts and tighten them down a hair.

but yea i know John claims to be a very honest person and i do believe that, he has alotta "fans" so he no doubt treats his clients well. don't see why he states a diff name tho all in all he has a LOT of knowledge about VLM and specifically OP, and i always read his, and anyone else with alotta OP experience, posts.

that said, this is Mark's forum and his rules apply.

thanx for the GREAT forum Mark!

thanx --- Derek.

Thanks, Derek. Jason/John here reminds me of the story of the emperor's new clothes. HE's the only one
who doesn't see what everyone else can see. John loves to prowl the boards, reprimanding anyone he
determines to be promoting a particular brand of equipment, accusing them of not "playing by the rules" - the exact phrase he directed at me when I had said something positive about the Challenger on another board or forum. And I was using MY OWN NAME!
Then he comes on here totally misrepresenting his identity while blatantly shilling for his own products. I think he's working toward being selected
to the Scribes & Pharisees' Hall of Fame. Good products. Miserable business ethics.

i hear ya Mark. i don't want to slam John, i just don't see why he, as you said, misrepresents himself.

other than that like i said, i love his posts relating to OP. i dislike, and this is me speaking totally from a buyers viewpoint, when ALL the manu's / distrib's get into the war of words and slam each other...shows a TOTAL lack of profesionalism and it is clear on the forums (in my opinion) that this point is FINALLY getting thru to the aforementioned ppl.

FOR THAT REASON, i am VERY glad to have a Challenger, as the manu, Lee, does NOT get involved in the petty, childish, unprofessional (you get the idea) garbage on the various forums.

i state that, not attacking anyone in particular, but to give credit to Lee in his professionalism, and hope that others in the biz learn from THAT example...and i personally think it is clear that the wiser ones are, to their credit

i know i still have alot of growing up to do my-own-self hehe, but realistically, all these forums are for us!, the BUYERS, NOT the manu's/distribs. THOSE ppl shouldn't kid themselves and think they can act like some of the buyers do. these forums are the place where the manu's / distrib's do there biz. so they should act accordingly! aka: in a professional manner. Lee does this, as do a select few others.

respectfully --- Derek.

Well said Derek. I'm not sure why exactly, but when I talk to Lee or Chris, I don't say hey Demetri and Nickolette. I just call them Lee and Chris. ? I'm ok with that. I hope they are too.

Also, an op machine isn't better because of a different orbit. It is a slightly different setup, a manufacturer's preference.

Steve, you've stumped me again. who's Demetri and Nicolette

maybe another joke over my head --- Derek.

I have a challenger and an orbitec 1hp 17", they are both good machines, but if I could only keep one of them it would be the challenger. I upgraded my orby last month myself, only takes about 20 min., just reverse 2 wires to change rotation and change pad driver.

Brian, what is the benefit of reversing the direction of the pad driver?

thanx --- Derek.

Derek, what are you doing posting at 3:15 AM? Have a glass of warm milk and go back to bed!!!

had a hotel lobby to clean...best time is after dark...

i clean toilets 5 nights a week....majority of our income is still office cleaning...sadly.

gnite! --- Derek.

Changing the rotation when switching to the new brush type driver is just part of the up-grade, it turned the opposite direction of the challenger when it had the original ridgid driver on it, I guess because with that type of driver it worked better in the oppisite direction. I don't know for sure, I just use them not engineer them, but the brush driver is really aggresive and great for commercial and similar types.