Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gliders, how to use

Hi all,

I use the holy glider on most short nap carpet. Does a great jod.

My ? is when do I use the other gliders, the thin one and the thicker plastic ones.

Also is the holy for the comm or berber.

A little light on the matter please.

Thanks

Re: Gliders, how to use

Honestly,I haven't used the thick glider on a job.If I'm cleaning a loop pile,I go with the thin glider.On a cut pile(that is moderate to heavy soil) I'll go with the holy glider.If light soil,use the thin glider
Patrick

I use the Holy Glider on most everything, unless I
find it's producing too many little "puffies" due to
its aggressiveness. Then I switch to the thinner of the 2 solid gliders, which is the one I use on oriental rugs. I have never used the thick glider.
Inquiring minds can go directly to the horse's mouth:
Lee Watson, who manufactures the Challenger. His
email is contact@challengerop.com.

I wound up using the holy glider today on both jobs.Both were a mix of cut and loop.

First timer here, but I wanted to respond to the query about gliders: Thick gliders are used on plush carpet and deep shag. They raise the OP machine up just enough to clean without being too aggressive on that style of carpet.

hiyas mrs. Watson

can you tell me, what is more aggressive / hence clean better : using the holy glider, or not using a glider at all?

i did a restaurant last nite, the only 4 star resort in our area. have cleaned it about 6 times in the last year. last nite i used the Challenger on the traffic lanes after i pre-encaped with the Cimex and Releasit EncapClean. then i took my cotton pads, wrung them out in a bucket w/ 1 gallon of RTU EncapClean, then used the Challenger without a glider. i was wondering if i should throw the HoleyGlider on it for better agitation but wasn't sure if it would be. plus i liked the full pad contact to pull up as much soil as possible.

thanx --- Derek.

Derek, let me add my own experience in this type of
situation. The Challenger is the most aggressive
when used without a glider. The Holy Glider is the most aggressive of the 3, but it still lifts the machine up just a bit above the carpet. After encapping a greasy hotel dining room area where the kitchen door is located, I still wasn't satisfied with
how it looked. So I moved my Cimex to the side, and brought in my Challenger. I used very wet pads to
try and scrub out as much of the remaining Realeasit & soil mix as I could. I finished up scrubbing with a few dry pads. When I was finished, it looked terrific. This was my first job for this hotel. The next day the hotel's G.M. called to book more work.

exact same situation as i experienced last nite Mark.

only i didn't run any dry pads over the carpet. but still, the carpet was nearly bone dry. the Challenger really creates some heat under those pads!

thanx --- Derek.

Derek, It is our preference to use a glider with the Challenger, but certainly using no glider at all would provide the most aggressive cleaning. -Chris.