Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
berber

how well does the challanger clean berber and high pile carpet?

Re: berber

I cleaned a beach house in Gloucester MA today that was mostly all berber carpet. Came out great.
Re. long pile carpet: fortunately, there isn't too
much carpeting out there with really long, or high pile. Like the shag carpet that was popular in the 70's. No one like to be asked to clean this type of carpet. Because there is so much material, it generally takes longer to clean. Hot water extraction
cleaning of this type of carpet can leave the customer with A LOT of wet carpeting. I have frequently obtained results with my Challenger that my customer found to be very good, above their expectations.

well at least in my area, Frieze (the new shag) is about the most popular new carpet being installed these days...has been for several years now.

i cleaned my 1st Frieze last week with the Challenger and the results were excellent! i was most worried about TipBloom, but spoke with Steve Smith and he recommended his Durapads (which are the same as the Tuway ThinOnes). they are synthetic and less abrasive to a longer fiber like a Frieze. while they are not as absorbent and don't clean as well as cotton pads do, it STILL did a great job. i was nervous but had no reason to be. i used Dynachem Encapsulate Pro (with protectant).

thanx --- Derek.

oh and as regards berber, my Challenger does a great job as well. thus far i've only encap'ed berber's using either a cotton pad (on dirtier carpet needing extraction of soil) or synthetic pad like a FiberPlus pad.

thanx --- Derek.