Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vibrating knick-knacks off of furniture...scary

hello all

did my 1st resi job on Monday. everything went great, EXCEPT...i was nearing a home made shelving unit against a wall....this unit wrapped around a corner for several feet. there were of course many knick-knacks on it. one was a group of glass votives holding short candles. these suddenly toppled to the tile floor (only 3 feet, didn't shatter FORTUNATELY).

i know now that this is a concern for ANY op machine out there, not just the Challenger. but am wondering, how do you pro's handle this? have the client take down all knick-knacks? steer clear of areas with lots of knick-knacks?

if i can't figure this one out, i'll have to use my Cimex w/ cotton pads on jobs like this.

thanx --- Derek.

Re: Vibrating knick-knacks off of furniture...scary

In the Training Manual which accompanies the Challenger machine in the Drysdale's "Start Your Own
Business" package, I mention that this occurs occasionally. The best way to guard against breakage
is to cast your eyes about the room if it contains
shelves, storage racks, etc., with breakable
knick-knacks. If you notice them starting to move
around a little, you might want to move these items
to a location where they won't be threatened. In
approaching 10 years of using OP machines, I have never had a dollar loss of household items in this way. Not to say that it couldn't happen.

thanx Mark.

in re-thinking the situation, i very easily might have brushed the machine up against the shelf bottom which could have "loosened" the votives from their position....something i didn't consider before.

in speaking with other users, i can see this isn't a real concern. but doing as you suggest wouldn't hurt either.

thanx --- Derek.

Vibration is part of Op cleaning, prepare for it, whenever you hear a rattle STOP and see what is moving on the furniture or wall, I have broken a couple of items and everytime it was my fault for not stopping and checking what was rattling.

I broke one on Saturday in a double wide. The really vibrate but she liked her clean carpet.

It seems the less structurally strong the building, the more likely an OP's vibrations will be transmitted
throughout the room. I'm not surprised that this may
have occurred in a mobile home.