Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stripping,waxing,buffing VCT flooring

Hey Everyone. Need some advise/help. I cleaned a customers carpet last week and he wants me to strip,wax and buff his business. (Large Hardware Store) He has VCT and it is in good shape. I waxed plenty of decks/floors while in the Navy but that was years ago. I need a step by step method and what products to purchase. i will rent a floor machine for this job. Please advise. Thanks, Chuck Boggs

Re: Stripping,waxing,buffing VCT flooring

hiyas Chuck
srry i can't recommend any chem's for it and i while i have done some of this work, it wasn't enough where i am comfortable telling others the exact steps.

wondering tho, do you need the extra money? this type of work isn't easy, and the smell of the stripper is not good for you either (wear a respirator). once you get into commercial CC'ing, you will frequently get asked if you do VCT work. since i want to remain a CC'er only, i recommend a friend who does this type of work. if you don't know of anyone, ask your local supplier who they recommend. set it up so you get a percentage of every job they shoot your way. have them shoot your way any CC'ing they might find.

just a thought, not trying to put your efforts down. heck, maybe you love VCT work or are really trying to get that part of your biz going.

take care --- Derek

Re: Stripping,waxing,buffing VCT flooring

Hi Chuck
I agree with Derek. I have occasionally been asked to clean VCT, and the Challenger has gotten some nice results. And while I have applied acrylic finishes
to wood floors, I have never used soft paste wax on
tile, which I assume is what is being asked for here.
I think you should take this question to the Forum at
www.ICS.com. Lots of hard surface floor people there.