Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Selling VLM - What's your sales pitch?

Well I schedule my first customer for 07/16/05. I feel great about that.

However, another possible client is interested but he doesn't want that machine that just "pushes the dirt into the carpet". He is sold on "steam cleaning".

I have told him of my experiences. I have clean two homes so far for free and willdo another this week (all relatives). However, I still didn't feel confident explaining/selling the OP process. I know it works from the reactions of the peopl whose homes I cleaned.

I am still working on my salesmenship. I could use some advice about how to explain OP to him and how it can deep clean carpet. (I have a feeling this job will be two or three hundred dollars at least.

Thx,
Mark Mason

Re: Selling VLM - What's your sales pitch?

Marketing experts say, "Don't sell the features
(the process or technique); sell the benefits"
(the results) Does it matter to you which tool/s your
auto mechanic, or your dentist, uses? Of course not;
you just want good results (the benefits). There will always be wannabe engineers out there - people
who want to tell you how to do your job. Imagine if
you tried to tell them how to do THEIR job. Remind them that all that water pressure pushes soil way down
into the backing of the carpet, then all that water,
while it is drying out, carries a lot of that soil back to the surface. This is called "wicking". Wicking will never occur with the Challenger OP method. You can always offer to clean one room of the
skeptical customer's house at no cost to them. With
reasonable people, seeing is usually believing.

Re: Selling VLM - What's your sales pitch?

well said Mark.

free demo works wonders for those looking for new business

check out the ICS forum and do a search on : "free demo"

(include the quotation marks)

http://www.i-boards.com/ics/

soon to be Challenger owner --- Derek.