Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Mark

Mark,

A few ? for ya. First off, the pad machine works great, did my house the other day and WOW.
I have not done any biz with it as of yet due to my wife being ill.
No she is on the road to well vill and I hope I can get out and start making some $.

I need to know, what is the going rate of a hotel room (say about a Hampton Inn or your little better biz class type hotel).
Also how much for a house say, the home owner only wants the family room and dining room done(avg size maybe a 12 x 14)

Thanks for any help you can give.

Joe M

Re: For Mark

I didn't know your wife had been ill. Glad to hear things are looking up.
Also happy to hear that you're impressed with the performance of your Challenger.
If you are going after hotels, you need to think in terms of 2 rates:
1. per individual standard room, and per suite; and
2. the sq. ft. rate for hallways, lobby and breakfast areas, any function rooms, etc.
For a standard room, per your example, I think $15 would be a fair rate, maybe a dollar or 2 more. I would offer this rate if they agreed to have a certain minimum number of rooms available, and that they would be concentrated in a specific area of the hotel. If they are spread throughout the hotel, you'll waste too much time moving around betwwen and among rooms.
For public spaces, I would look to charge from a low of 15 cents/s.f. up to maybe low twenties. Depends on the size of the hotel, on the size of the job, and whether you could achieve economies of scale by hiring a helper.

For jobs in homes, I would suggest charging by the number of sq. ft. actually cleaned. My rates are
38 cents for w/w carpeting; 85 cents for area rugs; and 3.60 per carpeted stair. I would also charge a minimum, to deal with small, "nuisance" jobs. My minimum ranges from $75 (in my own community) up to
$150, if driving to the job consumes a lot of time.
Hope this is useful.

Re: For Mark

Thanks Mark.

Joe