Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flooded Basement

Hello
Customer called me today with a flooded basement. They have dried it by using towels to absorb(walk on towels) as well as wet vac and de-humidifier. They want me to clean the carpet. This was a clean water flood. I dont think we are talking about a couple of inches of water standing in the basement, just a good soaking of the carpet. I have not seen the job yet. My question is what else do i need to do besides clean as normal? Or am I better off to just pass on the job due to mold issues?
Thank You
Steve S

Re: Flooded Basement

if it were me i'd pass. mold for 1. possible homeowners insurance claims for 2.

others would gladly do it.

i think unless you've taken water damage classes, you'd best not touch it.

better safe than sorry --- Derek.

Has any moisture readings to confirm been performed?How long did it take to dry?What was the source?Now,more importantly,do you have any experience in Water Damage Restoration?

Is it fully dry? Not just at the top, but at the bottom as well? I think I would advise these people to wait at least a couple of weeks after they removed water before having it cleaned. Re. the mold matter, I would put somethng into writing, which you both would sign, stating that what you are doing is traditional cleaning, and should not be construed as
in any way assisting in mold control or removal.

Pass the job, it's just not worth it.