Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did a 1700 s.f. .....

insurance office last night. Took me 4 hours ..3 floors... charged $425. Owner called me today at 9:00 AM to say the place looks great. Jobs like this justify getting into this biz imho, just need more of em..lol.

Re: Did a 1700 s.f. .....

Good going, Brian. Why not ask the owner of the
premises if he would talk you up to other people he
knows who have carpeted businness property.

congrats Brian

can you tell us the steps u used to clean this? Encap? synthetic pad or brush or cotton pad, if so what kind? dwell time or just spray and scrub? etc...?

thanx --- Derek

Mark: that's a good idea. I did give a few of my biz cards and said I would appreciate any work they could get me. It's the second time I've cleaned the place in a year and I think they are now confident enough with the results to where I can expect some referrals soon.

Derek: just straight forward encap using fiber plus pads and Releasit DS. If I had a Cimex it would have gone a lot quicker I'm sure. It took a total of 6 gallons and having to refill my 2 gal sprayer took some time. I did use one cotton pad on a high traffic area and it seemed to do the trick. It took me 1.5 hours just to vac the place (don't think they even vac on a regular basis). I also use a white brush attached to a pole and go around where the baseboards meet the carpet prior to vacuuming. This gets all the dust and other stuff that is left by the cleaners every night and the customers like the extra effort!

thanx Brian.

yea pre-vac'ing is a major time-taker for me as well.

can't WAIT to get my OP machine in the weeks ahead...just waitin for my collarbone to heal up...slow process!

do you vac the edges with a wand or is that why you use the standup brush?

sounds like you used roughly as much RTU Releasit as i would for that sized job.

take care --- derek.