Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Naive??

I was contacted by a carpet cleaner in my area who wanted my help on a big commercial job. He mentioned that it would be a "learning experience" and "alot of fun for us both". Our conversation continued pleasantly until I asked how we would determine how much I should get paid, since we were to be sharing the work. He got really loud and screamed at me: You think I'm gonna pay you!!! OUr conversation ended when he yelled a few more choice words and hung up the phone on me. (Seriously)
Was I naive to assume I would be paid for my time and labor? I didn't ask to learn anything from this man, he called me asking for help. Was he trying to con me into working for free, or is this general practice?

Re: Naive??

never heard of this non-sense. Is he your competition? How did he know to contact you and make this sort of offer? I mean what's your relationship with this guy? No one works for free - period.

He got my email from this message board, and contacted me when because we are both operating in Phoenix.
Why would he think I'd just volunteer my equipment and labor hours to clean this big job when I have my own customers who pay me for my time? He got loud and angry because I assumed he would pay me for my services. CC is my business, not something I do out of pure kindess to wierdos I've never met.

Sounds like that guy has all the social skills of a
badly trained pit bull, and should be kept on a very
short leash.

lol, strange fella to say the least. stick to your guns and dont let ppl walk all over ya.

thanx --- Derek.