Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Terry Towels to OP with?

i have a couple of jobs that have the problem mentioned below of salt/ice melt residue. when i get my Challenger, i dont want to ruin my new cotton pads on these accounts. can something like a terry towel or a white bath towel, cut in half if need be, be used instead of cotton pads?

of course i would make sure the towel covers the entire pad driver area.

thanx --- Derek.

Re: Terry Towels to OP with?

Go to wallmart and get a bag or two of the cheap square towels, use them then throw them away.

Are you going to do a limited amount of op cleaning?

no, i plan on building my resi biz with it. i wouldn't use terry towels only on trashed jobs i figure, to get the bulk of the soil out b4 using the better pads....good idea??

thanx --- Derek.

If your equipment is on par with the best op or vlm machines, towels or pads only on trashed carpet is great.

So many are getting into vlm with old world technology and not getting the full benefits of some of the newer much faster and better cleaning vlm machines.

I am about to purchase a brute for the people at ccs, I saw a video of what that machine will do and how you don't have to know how to operate op to run it, geez it looks so simple. I called and the oscillation on the brute is even more than their conqueror machines, and they are by far the fastest in the industry now.

Good to see more vlm equipment coming out, we can all make more money in less time doing a better job.

Derek, it always hurts a little to use a fluffy new pad for the first time but its going to happen. New Argo double pads are really nice when they're new but they all get used in time. It really doesn't matter.
I'm happy using the proven Challenger machine on my jobs. Some machines are still evolving.

Steve
There are those who have been following the postings
of the highly secretive Jason T. who believe he is an
infiltrator from, shall we say, an opposing OP camp.
Jason may not be who he pretends to be: just another
Forum poster.

Whatever, I use several machines, offer 5 methods and simply prefer op. I would assume I don't try to hype the equipment that you would prefer me too?

I help when I can, but maybe I am wrong in thinking our personal experiences are welcomed to be shared here.

If you do not care for shared experiences, just say so. I do have other things to do.

If using other machines and giving opinions are not welcome, state it and I will not bother coming here.

i have appreciated your input but have wondered who u really are for some time...enquiring minds want to know!

Jason, I doubt that there is a person here who doesn't appreciate the freedom of expressing their opinion and advancing the knowledge in this business. I speak for noone but myself, but this is the Challenger Forum is it not? If you come here and advertise CCS machines you can expect opposition. I'm not against CCS machines but its tacky at best to come here and try to influence carpet cleaners on this forum into looking elsewhere. If the owners of Challenger Systems weren't such a class couple, you would already have been gone. Why not post on the VLM board? Sorry I felt it necessary to say anything, but you're out of line.

I am not advertising ccs machines, I use and have for years all the different machines.

Challenger is a good machine, I do not knock it, I have one, it has served me well, but when I am being paid by the square footage cleaned I have to speak my mind, even then I usually do not plug for ccs machines.

I will leave out any information on speed of cleaning in future posts.

Jason
I am happy to have as many people come to this Forum as possible, to offer ideas, techniques, opinions, etc., based on their experiences. As I indicated, there had been some speculation that you actually
represented a rival in the field (no names now) and
were using a fictitious name. I'm not so sure that's
the case. So please feel free to participate when
you see a subject of interest.

Thank you Mark.

Jason, one thing that I've really come to appreciate about my Challenger over time is that after roughly 3 years, it is still solid like a new one. I think it is the epitome of an op machine. These are machines that clean via violently shaking, in an orbit, of the pad driver, yet I can clean all day with no effects from that shaking because the Challenger is apparently in balance. I think this is highly underhyped. New is no gaurantee of improved but new machines are usually hyped to the max. I also clean with various machines but the Challenger is one that does not leave the van.

The experience I have shared is from having several op machines. Yes I have a conqueror, also have an old blue ccs, I have an oreck lowboy, a challenger, an argo machine and an obitec. I hope to soon purchase one of those brutes but I think I will wait until the larger one comes out.

Smoothest are the challenger and the blue ccs machine, the orbitec was smooth as well, no doubt.
The only difference was the conqueror was a bit rougher, however it cleaned much faster.

I don't care what machine cleaners use, I just tell ya about my experiences.

The most important thing is the quality of op cleaning, most hwe guys are so set in their ways they don't even give it a chance. This is to their detrament.

"to their detriment" and i figure it'll be to my business' betterment

yes the Brute looks quite nice! can't wait for more end-user feedback on it. would be a nice addition to my Cimex if i ever had enough work for it.

thanx --- Derek.