Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re-soiling problem

I'm having real trouble with two of my accounts that are in the same building. Both are Dentist offices with high traffic. I use Releasit with the fiber plus pads after I clean with a damp bonnet (using Releasit). I hope I'm not too long winded here, it's just that I'm concerned because my credibility has come under question for these 2 good accounts as a result of this problem.

Back in April, I cleaned the first office. I was happy as was the client with the results because the contractor that was hired for snow removal during the season apparently put down some new type of dirt and ice removal stuff that was being tracked all through the building for 4 or 5 months. A real mess but I got it looking new imho.

Well, about 3 weeks later I get a call with a complaint about the 'stains that came back'. I was not too concerned because I was sure it would be a tiny fix at best. Thought I just may have missed a spot or two. Well, when I got there I could not believe it. The whole office looked as dirty as before I cleaned it. It was as if I had not cleaned it at all. I cleaned the whole place again for only $70 because I was not sure myself what had happened.

A few days later the other office wanted their carpets cleaned. I cleaned them and again all were happy with the results. 2 weeks later I get the same call from them asking me to come over and remove the ‘re-occurring spots’. I told the client that I thought the re-occurring stains are really a re-soiling problem and not a result of negligent carpet cleaning. He maintained that he thought the soil was still in the carpet and looked as if it was ‘coming up’ from the pad. I explained this could not be the case with VLM, and besides, if it was, the soil would have wicked up and appeared the very next day or sooner. I cleaned it for him for free but he was not hearing my story – at all.

While I was cleaning this office, the other client heard me cleaning and came in and asked me to remove their ‘re-occurring stains’ for the 3rd time. Again, I could not believe the condition of the carpet I had just cleaned less than a month ago. It was just as dirty so I cleaned it this time for free.

What could possibly be going wrong here? I’m not sure what the resolution is, but I can’t keep cleaning for free..lol... Any one else having or have had this trouble? Suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: Re-soiling problem

Brian, my first thought is that you're living in parallel universes and you realy DIDN'T clean those offices the first time. Its a good excuse. Hopefully, someone will answer who knows something, but my thinking, at this point, I would extract the carpets very thoroughly, and pad or dry bonnet them afterwards. It sounds like there is too much soil load in those carpets for Releasit at this point. I'd use a good detergent and pull all the dirt out you can. Then perhaps you can use Releasit on a maintenance plan afterwards. I'd expect a few returning spots after the big initial clean.

Hi Brian
Don't know that I've ever experienced anything comparable. On a smaller commercial job like this, I would usually be using cottom pads, either with my
natural product, of with Releasit Encap Punch, rather than encap alone (scrubbed in and left). Could be hwe
would help, although there is no guarantee that it would. I'd post this on both excellent-supply.com,
as well as on the vlm board that you can click onto
from excellent-supply.

yep it's the stupid icemelt in my opinion!

i have had this very problem several times now. i have had a friend come with his Butler TM and try and remove them...same results.

what has worked best for me is using wet cotton pads to pull up as much dirt as possible, while leaving the carpet near dry. consider a cleaner on the acid side to help remove the salt residue.

it isn't an easy fix from my experiences, takes some experimenting. do some resarch on the forums and do as Mark says and post this problem on the VLM and Encap forum.

personally i would go back and forget using synthetic pads and using any Encap solutions...just use as hot of water as you can find and OP it with cotton pads.....alotta cotton pads.

thanx --- Derek.