Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My first Tile and Grout Adventure!

I tried the Tile and Grout brush yesterday. Man, that that thing through water everywhere. I spoke to Lee Watkins and he mentioned two things,

1. I probably had too much water on the floor.
2. He suggested that I place a cotton pad between the Challenger and the Grout brush. The over hang should keep the splashing down.

Other wise it cleaned okay. I had some old H2Orange2 Grout cleaner cut with Procyon. Its all I had in the truck.

Anybody else have any experiences they wish to share?

Regards,
Mark

Re: My first Tile and Grout Adventure!

Forget teh pad, that stops your brush from doing what it is supposed to.

Put a ring of 3" high plastic on the floor and set your machine in it, that will end your problem.

Jason, if I recall correctly, I attempted to use my plastic splash guard with the Challenger. It can work, but it has to go way out behind the wheels or it gets hung up under the wheels. The pad is a good solution. Do you understand that it goes on before the brush? It won't hinder the brush at all.
Brian, how do you like H2O2 grout cleaner? I kinda think there's lots of better grout cleaners on the market including Procyon. I tried Baby Safe one day and it worked well. I think it's chemically similar to Procyon but I love the smell. I think the brush is the key to cleaning grout. A lot of chems will work.

Jason,

The pad actually hangs over the brush like a floppy hat. The brush still maintains full contact with the floor. When I go back to my account next week, I'll give it a try.

Regards,
Mark

Sorry Mark, I was talking to you. Never mind Brians.