Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Encap brush from Challenger OP

Just finished a job using my new encap brush from Challenger OP. I'm not sure what to think of it really . It has a different feel from the fiber plus pads. It's noisy, (clinks and clanks a bit ) and the job took longer , (I think maybe because there is not as much area being covered as with the pads??? - or maybe I need to adjust to it) not sure.

I do like the idea of the brush not getting worn down like the pads do .

Not sure if I should be using the encap clean as apposed to the encap ds , but, I noticed right away that it produces alot of dirty foam and every now and then spits it out from the sides. After the job was done, I walked around with a towel and picked up the foam splatter. It's real clear how encap works .. lol.

What's the general feeling in this forum about this brush? I'll say that it was worth the $85.

Re: Encap brush from Challenger OP

I think because of the bristles, rather than the relatively flat fibreplus pad, there may be some aspect of pile-lifting to encapping with the brush.
That may account for whatever you see being dug up by the brush. I've told Lee I'd like to see him try an
encap brush with an extra row of bristles or two.

The cotton pads do a better job than the encap brush, pads agitate better, do it faster, remove the bulk of soil and leave a better finished product.

while i've never used the Challenger Encap brush, i have used brushes on my Cimex, and they do not come close to giving the same appearance of clean as the FP pads do.

personally i would either use FP pads or Cottons pads.

if the area is dirty enough, might even use the brush, then go over the entire area a 2nd time with Cotton pads to pull up what the Brush brought to the surface.

thanx --- Derek.

BTW, make sure you are doing an EXTREMELY THOROUGH pre-vac if you are Encap'ing. that is THE single most important step whenever Encap'ing.