Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Gal

Ashley Davis
Phoenix AZ
ashley_az@netzero.com

Re: New Gal

Hey Ashley, Welcome aboard.

I am located in Phoenix AZ. I have been OPing for the last four years have three machines and will be ordering a Challenger soon. Bonnet cleaned for 26 years before that.
I tried to e-mail Ashley but it was returned. I would like to talk to Ashley I think we could help each other. My number at home is 602 938 6435. Ashley or any else call me. Michael

Thanks Chuck and Michael. I'm excited to get started in the business. One question I do have is this: what is the best way to get the word out about my new all-natural, quick drying carpet service? I'm c onsidering newspaper ads, direct mail, door-hangers... the usual. Does anyone have advice on a more effective method?

hiyas Ashley :)

go here http://www.prowww.com/ocibrcom/html/user.php
and register. then goto marketing material.

also go here : http://www.i-boards.com/ics/default.asp
and do a Search on : Marketing

you'll have DAYS of reading and learn all the latest stuff.

lastly, if you are looking into YellowPages, check out this gal. she worked for the YP's and knows how to get the best prices. apparently, there are tricks to getting secret stuff with the YP ad's that they dont tell you : http://www.wowpage.com/

good fortune --- Derek.

Hi Ashley,

I have found direct mailings to business's you want to clean is effective along with an ad in a local paper for residential. After you get a few jobs, consider doing the following:

One method that has worked for me is to walk into surrounding business's to the one you have just finished and intoduce yourself, leave your brochure and biz card and offer to do a free estimate right then and there. Write the cleaning cost on the back of your card before you leave or send a written proposal - depends on what you are comfortable with - either use regular mail or email. I find emailing proposals works faster. Tell them you just finished their neighbor's place and they are very happy with it. I have gotten quite a few jobs this way. It's a fast and cheap way of marketing. One thing you may want to consider is offering a special pricing deal for multiple cleans per year to each business. Try to schedule the jobs that day if you can.

For residential, you can do the same thing. Send a post card to everyone on the street (or neighboring streets) that say's "we just cleaned your neighbor at #xx and they loved it". Or, make door hangers that say the same thing and hange em on every door in the neighborhood's you do business in before you leave.

-bri

There are several areas where people are always looking for carpet cleaners, Real Estate agents (a pain but a get starter) property management those that deal in houses are best, Apartments.
Phoenix being so large it is difficult to advertise in a paper. If that is what you want to spend money on find small ones they will have the best rate. Yellow pages lots of money but if you are going to spend it study how to attract the people you want.
If you are going to do empty houses bring lots of pads. I carry about 125 pads at all time (I do two to three houses a day).
Also flyers work if you put out enough. Remember you are selling fast drying, safe for everyone, and it brings the carpet back to life, the fact that they can walk on the carpet during cleaning and right after is a big plus. Did a house today that had been cleaned with HWE national compay (rude people) I could not believe how it came back to life it had dulled out by the overwetting and over cleaning. Remember this is a tough busines but those that stick with it will make good money,meet wonderful people, see lots of lovely homes, do it right and it is fun. I love this business.