Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leg pads

Hi, I was aksed to place something under each leg of furniture on a residential job the other day. I asked the customer if she had any tin foil handy. She was not happy that I didn't supply it (or something more professional) myself. What is everyone using for this? Tin foil does seem a bit tacky considering.

-Bri

Re: Leg pads

Brian JonDon has several different furniture blocks to choose from .also the ccs website suggests not wetting down carpet directly wear the furniture legs sit.

thanks for your reply Tim. I do agree with you, but it was the customer that was very concerned ( even though the carpet was nearly dry). I told her that furniture protectors were not needed due to the fast drying time, but she wanted it done just the same. I'm primarily looking for some low cost product that I can leave with the customer and not have to collect at a later time. I think you are referring to the furniture movers that came with the package. I would not leave those behind. The foil in this case just seemed to give less of a professional look.

Brian . I dident get any furniture sliders with my package but anyway, Im talking about throw away furniture blocks the website is www.jondon.com .Also if your trying to save money you could always make them yourself. just go to your local home improvment store get a sheet of 1/2'' thick pink insulation. Cut it into 2'' squares and bamm you have furniture blocks. thats what ive been using no complaints yet.

Some janitorial supply houses carry blocks of a middle-thickness polyethelene squares connected as would be a block
of writing paper. Just tear them off and place one under each leg that is placed back on a damp carpet.
Or just go to a hardware store, or Home Depot, buy
some clear plastic dropcloths in a middle thickness.
Then just cut them up into 2 or 3-inch squares in
advance or on the job when you need them. The clear
ones look better than aluminum foil (they basically
disappear from view.)