​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kinloch Rannock to Tummel Bridge

Thanks Louise
BTW there are two bridges on the B846 route, and you know my luck with bridges !!!!

I am reasonably confident you'll be fine with those bridges 😅

If it is any consolation, you would have had to cross at least two bridges and some stepping stones on the McGregor's Cave / Aqueduct route.

I was going to take the McGregor's cave route, so I'm glad I've see this post. I walked the B846 on my first Challenge 7 years ago, and thought it ok, with a bit of care, and made good fast progress. The little off-road path just E of Kinloch Rannoch is a nice start. I'll be sorry to miss out the cave route this time though, but look forward to breakfast in Kinloch Rannoch.

Imagine getting to the cave and heading off down the hull to the bridge near the dam only to find it blocked? Nightmare!!!

It's really lucky that we found out about the closure. My wife was going to walk up from TB and meet me somewhere on the track so she was researching where to park and get on the track when she came across a posting from someone saying they had been stopped by a fence and locked gate.

I wonder if SSE did a risk assessment including the risk of forcing pedestrians to use the main road because both aqueduct tracks and the path through the woods are all closed. I'm guessing that they also assumed that walkers would only join the track from the bottom, not coming across the moorland at the top.

I think there might well have been tears! along with other forms of meltdown. Grateful thanks to your wife Brian, and I hope you find al alternative meeting place.