​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lairig Grhu conditions expectations

My planned route takes me N from Blair Athol. Your video looks encouraging. Hauling katoolas or similar seems unnecessary. May use FWA through Glen feshie if weather dictates. Starting with spent knee, so….,?

Thank you.

Something to think about Shaun......If the weather is bad, you still have to get over the Bynack Burn and the R. Geldie to get onto the track up Glen Geldie and you also have to ford Allt Dhaidh Mor before you get to the watershed with Glen Feshie. I managed to fill my boots with cold water crossing Allt Dhaidh Mor earlier this year in dry conditions, in spate it would be impassable.

brian,

thanks. yep the venters mentioned the potential for burns in spate same as you. sounds like some cross country might be needed if I stick to the route.

Had shoulder repair in October that interfered with winter training. weight gain and fitness decrease resulted. now knee is telling me that our 69+ year relationship is nearing an end. Steriod injection seems to have harmed more than helped.

Anyway, I may have to alter route when I get to Blair Athol and do something easier in order to maintain schedule to finish. very aggressive 14 days with average of 18 miles and 1800 +/- feet of ascent per day. Might be more than I can accomplish. won't know until day 15!

Might need to abort mission and visit with the Hermit of Loch Treig. Maybe interview to replace him when that's necessary.

Here's a link to the initial version of my planned route. made a few modifications using Anquet app that are not reflected in the route linked below. See any location(s) where our routes intersect?

thanks again for advise.

hope you are well and prospering

https://caltopo.com/m/GQT5C

Shaun E. Sexton
chugiak, ak

I'll be going pretty much the same way as you between Loch Eigheach near Rannoch Station & White Bridge, but a day behind. If you need to alter your plans for the Moray Coast, let me know, I'll be doing the same kind of route that you did last year, but if you need another, overweight, cripple for support to get you to the East coast, I could maybe help.

be careful what you wish for.