​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Local Knowledge , route off Mam Sodhail descending into Coire Leachavie ( NW Loch Affric)

Hi

I have reached the ridge this way (going up the track). The bottom part is a good but rough track, and higher up there is a good path. I am not sure about the path on the last wee bit to the ridge as it was under snow when I did it. I was backpacking part of the ridge and I would have no issues in using this route to descend. Once you are down in the glen, there is a good path on the North side of Loch Affric taking you to the public car park - this can be busy. There are toilets here. You could probably find a place to camp away from the car park.

Back to the corrie, If you look at the map, not far down off the ridge, following the path down, there is a flat bit of ground where you could camp if you are running out of time.

Down at the Loch, It is not possible to cross to the south side at the Lodge, which would be handy if you were going to Cougie. Lots of fences, gates and notices. Probably guns and dogs as well!

Re: Local Knowledge , route off Mam Sodhail descending into Coire Leachavie ( NW Loch Affric)

Thanks Allan ...