​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Covid Testing

It looks like you can get testing at the airport at the moment. Who knows if that will still be the case at the end of May.

https://www.glasgowairport.com/coronavirus/

Calm at all times, Shaun! The CDC accepts a self-test.

Here's a link to the relevant section of their website

These are lateral-flow tests which you can do yourself, give a result in 15 minutes and are currently free here in Scotland. This situation may change (they're no longer free in England, and cost around $6.00 each). You might want to contact the Co-ordinators and ask if they can pick up a pack of lateral-flow for you (there are seven in a pack).

The tests at Glasgow airport are for PCR tests, and they are way expensive. And take 12 hours for the results. If you went down that route you'd be looking at around $600.00 as against zero!

Snow on the mountain today, tho' spring is coming...

NHS lateral flow self-tests aren't technically allowed for travel. One must purchase privately for such purposes. Recommended routine lateral flow testing in Scotland is supposed to end at the end of April, subject to political faff of course.
There's plenty of private providers of lateral flow tests, with varying costs, and of course there's online scams as well. When returning to Glasgow from a holiday in February I used a provider recommended by my travel agent, picked from a list of uk-government-approved providers. One test cost me 17 quid.

Team Albuquerque will be subject to the same requirement before heading home, so I am interested in whatever arrangements you end up making.

Kent

As Humphrey pointed out, the CDC guidance simply says a negative test is required so I'm thinking I'll just pack a quick test kit or two in my bag and take it before returning home.

Kent