​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ride Share from Fort William to Dornie, Wednesday 11 May

Anyone needing to get to Dornie on Wed, 11 May for a Thursday start? Our plan is to take the train to Fort William and arrange a minibus if there’s enough interest. We can take the bus but it gets us in quite late and the cost is about the same as private hire.

Re: Ride Share from Fort William to Dornie, Wednesday 11 May

I'm not interested (starting Wednesday) but I'm curious how one goes about arranging a minibus? We'll be coming from Inverness.

A lot of taxi companies have larger vehicles, six seater and minibus. I would pop "minibus taxi Inverness' into Google and the local companies with this facility should come up, I think there are quite a few.

We were considering Inverness as well - there are also several buses a day from there to Dornie but the 1:00 was a tight connection and the 5:00 bus again gets you in sort of late. It’s nice to have a bit of “social” time before starting out the next day.

We have one quote of £120 for 4 of us FW —> Dornie which is a bit more per head than the bus but we can get there 2 hours earlier. We want to lock in a price since it may go up depending on fuel prices.

I could be interested as I have a Thursday start although I’d need to be dropped off at Shiel Bridge. I had been planning to get the coach from FW but this sounds better. What time does your train arrive at FW and what is the likely cost per person for the minibus (although I suppose that depends on how many passengers).