​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Borlum - Drumnadrochit

Hi Simon, Borlum Farm are taking tents and the toilets will be open in May. See their system allows booking a tent pitch and I just called them to double check and they confirmed tents will be as normal in May.
Btw, which accommodation did you mean by the Sunderlands? Might be useful in future.:grinning:

Janet Sutherland at Ault-na-goire offers up her field to the TGO each May for camping, she will also hold a parcel for you and has previously offered food at a reasonable price which you had to book. Last year this was done takeaway style. There is a toilet with sink for campers. It is a little Challenge oasis. Details are in the Event Details...

Thanks Louise! I didn't click the name was the same as listed for Errogie.
There is also Cougie Lodge listed as supporting the TGO - does Melanie offer camping, or food, or drink?

When I last stayed at Cougie, camping, accommodation and food were available, teas coffees and homebakes for those just passing through. I haven't been that way since Val died and Melanie took over, but I would imagine it's pretty much the same. Friendly and welcoming, part of the Challenge Family.

Cougie is one of the legendary stop-overs of the challenge. It’s three years since I stayed there, but I think Melanie’s brother was chief chef. They did food, drink and camping or bunkhouse. Well worth a stop. Good food and good company.

Many thanks Louise and Graham !!

We stayed there last year ( and posted a parcel for collection) wonderful friendly welcome, great food, one of the challenge’s best stop-offs. Highly recommended.