​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spot Gen 3 Satellite Tracker For Sale

For Sale

Spot Gen 3 satellite tracker.

I purchased this after one of my TGO Challenges. I had been alone and not seen a single other person for close on 48 hours, much of the time with no mobile phone signal. It got me thinking about what would have happened if I had had an accident...

The tracker works in areas of the UK, Europe and North America, irrespective of mobile phone coverage, and allows you to record and map your progress, enable friends and family to see this (optional if you don't want them to know you have diverted off route to find a pub!) so they can watch your hike 'live'. More importantly, it allows you to send them one of two user defined pre-set messages telling them your position and that, for example, you are ok or have finished hiking for the day, and another pre-set message to alert them of possible problems and, most critically, has an SOS function that automatically alerts the emergency services that you need immediate help and gives your location.

Works best with 4 lithium AAA batteries. I have found that these last for at least 20 days when the tracking function is set to send a waypoint at 10 minute intervals, with an additional 4 or 5 'All okay' position messages per day.

Full working order.
Needs a Spot Subscription.

£35 plus £5 post and packing.

Do contact me for further details or with any queries.

David Williams

Re: Spot Gen 3 Satellite Tracker For Sale

Hi David

Is this still available?

If so I am interested

Jayme

Re: Spot Gen 3 Satellite Tracker For Sale

This is now sold.