​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Small Gaz Cartridge for Jeboil (screw in)

Where could I buy a small gaz cartridge in Edinburgh City Center...?

:pray:

Re: Small Gaz Cartridge for Jeboil (screw in)

I don't know Edinburgh well, but after a quick look I think Google can probably help

I got one at Go Outdoors. There's a store in Edinburgh. Its worth checking beforehand if they have supplies of your favourite canister in, though because supplies are shaky at go-outdoors to say the least. (at least in the store in Newcastle) https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/cooking/cooking-fuel/

Cotswold Outdoors in Rose Street which is not far from Waverley Railway Station.

Tiso and Cotswold Outdoors both have stores on Rose Street that are less than a mile from Rail and bus stations.

I'd expect them to have cartridge size you want.

As someone who works in outdoor industry I urge you to call ahead and ask the store, whichever you choose (I've bought canisters from Tiso's and Cotswolds and at least in 2019 the former also accepted my empty canister before flying back home whereas the latter didn't), to reserve one for you. There's a worldwide shortage of camping gas at the moment, or perhaps it's not related to the gas itself but the supply chains have been extremely unreliable since last spring, because of covid.

I agree, call ahead.
I had difficulty sourcing a correct canister for a jet boil, for last years TGO.
After phoning around several outdoor shops, I located one at sports direct Aberdeen. I explained I was traveling down from Shetland the following week and they kindly agreed to hold it for me. They wouldn't take payment for it, until I picked it up.
Excellent service!

Hi Marc,
You can also try Nordic Outdoors, just off the Rose Street. They were selling gas last year when all the other stores ran out.

A bit further (the other side of The Meadows) but easily walkable is Alpkit, they had plenty of gas canisters last time I visited.

If you need it urgently and no lack, give me a shout by Friday night and I can give you one.