​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
South Laggan to Glen Turret - Latest information from the hostel

Morning all,

One of my options is to go from South Laggan to Glen Turret and then onto Melgarve.

I have been in touch with Clem at the Great Glen Hostel and he has furnished me with the following information.

"I was looking at the old info regarding the route to Glen Turret, and it is a bit out of date. I went up today to have a look, and have attached a map of the route I took, plus a couple of pictures.

I didn't go down into Glen Turret, as I ran out of time, but you could just descend down from my endpoint to there. In the picture you can see it, and Glen Roy, at the end of the river there.

There is also a pic of the deer fence you will have to cross at the top above the hostel, and the track where you have to leave the forest road, for a smaller track that makes its way up to the plateau.

The part from the hostel to the number 1 on the map is a vehicular forest road. Between 1 and 2 it is a sometimes well defined track. After the number 2 you are on the plateau across. This is pathless, and my route is in no way defined - you just have to find your way, heading south east roughly, over or around Teanga Bheag until you are above Glen Turret."

If you find the information useful, please pass on your regards to Clem directly.

Fence
Glen Turret
Route
Track