​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2 person tarp

I have always looked on the Akto ( from a budget shelter , as the prince ) and regarded same as a two person lux.. I have looked into a pitched tarp ( to pass in a dram ) and thought it a little austere . You should ,with respect, like to reassess . The Akto could be much cosier however only one can cook ? . I only completed 6 times ,last 2012 and enjoyed everyone mostly . good luck .

Akto is a single person tent - period. I use one myself & sharing is not a practical option (sorry Bill).

Maybe consider a Trailstar with 2 bivvy bags if you're absolutely set on a tarp, but having looked at many challengers' shelters over the years my suggestion for something lightweight, simple to pitch and reliable would be the Scarp 2.

I don't have one myself, just admired them, so do check out reviews from users - esp Challengers!

Thanks Phil no apology reqd. especially from one so experienced . I used a Scarp 1 for my last 3 and enjoyed it . Always it rattled in the wind but survived a residual hurricane with only a slightly bent pole in 2011/12 i think . I still have a kilo tent ( low level ) that i might chance for another crossing , maybe , enjoy your crossing .