​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Camping near Giorra dam (Loch an Daimh)

Hi Minna
I can see no reason not to be able to camp in that area, if you are following the Outdoor Access Code, there don't appear to be any inhabited buildings, so stay a reasonable distance from the road and you'll be fine. There certainly looks to be some nice spots, enjoy!
Fingers crossed for May 🤞🤞🤞

Thanks for the encouragement, Louise!

And yes, fingers and toes and everything else crossed indeed!

Dash4it.co.us used to deliver OS maps to the US when I lived there. Check them out!

Thanks for the tip, Julie! I've contacted them and asked about shipping to Finland.

OS maps abroad (was: Re: Camping near Giorra dam (Loch an Daimh)

Minna Lumirae
Thanks for the tip, Julie! I've contacted them and asked about shipping to Finland.
Darn. No shipping to Finland with them either. I guess I'll just have to with printed waterproof A4 maps and OS maps app then.

It seems expensive but this seller lists shipping to Finland... https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/finchett1942/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Thanks Brian, but they only seem to have Explorer maps, instead of Landrangers. I'm probably going to go without the big paper maps this time and bring only the printed versions of my route, but try to include a larger area in them in case I need to re-route heavily. I also have all the maps downloaded on my phone.