​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
May 2022 stove fuel sources

ISO email addresses for reliable sources of canister fuel in Mallaig, Fort William, Fort Augustus, Aviemore, Ballater, Banchory and locations in-between. Thank you,
Shaun E. Sexton, TGOC 2022 Team Alaska, SeSexton@gci.net, 1 907 854 0635.

Re: May 2022 stove fuel sources

Fort William: plenty of choice, for example Nevis Sport "fortwilliam@nevisport.com" , Ellis Bringham "customer.services@ellis-brigham.com" and Mountain Warehouse "info@mountainwarehouse.com".

Aviemore, also full of outdoor shops, for example Tiso "aviemore@tiso.co.uk" and Blacks "customercare@blacks.co.uk".

Aviemore, Braemar and Ballater have branches of Braemar Mountain Sports "braemar@braemarmountainsports.com".

Banchory has a traditional ironmongers called Mitchells but I can't find an email address.
Mitchells 26 High Street, Banchory AB31 5SR Phone 01330 825875
If you are stuck for gas near Banchory just contact me and I can leave you a cache.

If you are looking for the wide flat type canisters with a EN screw valve used by most backpackers you will generally need to go to an outdoor supplier but lots of general hardware stores, petrol stations etc. sell the taller canisters typically used on blowtorches. The puncture the top C206type canisters are rarely used these days but again are typically only available at outdoor shops.

There are also canisters of butane on sale that use the twist and push CP250 type valves, be careful if that isn't the type you are looking for.

Thank you.

Thanks!

Having had to shop for gas canisters during the power cuts following storms Malik and Corrie, I can confirm both Mitchell in Banchory and the nearby Banchory Home Store, both sell the squat screw thread canisters suitable for backpacking stoves.