​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Sale: Z Packs Arc Blast DCF (Carbon Fibre) Backpack - "The Death Pack" :-)

I'm selling my ultralightweight Z Packs Arc Blast Pack which has only been very lightly used and is in excellent condition. Happy to provide reasons to anyone interested in why I am selling. I'm giving Challengers first dibs on this before it goes on offer to the great unwashed via E-bay or similar.

Jealous TGO Challenge wags previously nicknamed all my Z Packs Gear as "The Death..." as in the death tent, the death jacket and the death pack. "It's too light they cried" or "It's too flimsy...you'll die in that". Well I'm still here Gordon!

Details

Volume: 55 litres.
Weight: Approx 595 grams (as weighed on my scales).
Back size: Long.
Hip Belt: Large.
Colour: A rather lovely shade of green. Subtle, classy, but sadly it does not match my steel blue eyes.
Extras (All Z Packs in DCF): Two hip belt pockets, one shoulder strap pouch.

Price: £150 plus p and p.

Expensive? Well to buy new the retail price for the pack is $349 (£255), the extras another $90 (£78), then there would be customs, VAT and the parcel force handling charge (total c£112) plus the P and P from the States. And in return for you handing over to me your hard earned (or ill-gotten) cash in used oncers you get a legendary pack weighing just under 600 grams and the satisfaction that many other Challengers will be green with envy. And if you also have green eyes? Well you will be blessed. The sun will glint and bounce between the DCF and your irises as you stroll up the steepest of Munros. Your enhanced beauty will lead to other Challengers suggesting that Adonis was no more than a hideously deformed toad in comparison to the wonderous sight before them.* Oh, and your shoulders won't ache as much and you'll be able to sling in an extra large slab of cheddar or even more Famous Grouse given the weight saving you will have achieved. :slightly_smiling_face:

*Exclusions apply. Sadly, certain Challengers could never reach these levels of gorgeousness.

Re: For Sale: Z Packs Arc Blast DCF (Carbon Fibre) Backpack - "The Death Pack" :-)

That's cuben fibre of course!

Re: For Sale: Z Packs Arc Blast DCF (Carbon Fibre) Backpack - "The Death Pack" :-)

Hi David,
I might be interested but what size is the long?
Regards, Scott

According to the Z Packs website It's 23 to 26 inches.

Thanks David. It is too long for me. What a pity. Good luck selling it, I’m sure it won’t hang about.

*****NOW SOLD*****