​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can TGOC21 go ahead?

Hi John J.

Appointment tomorrow.Fingers crossed for May.

B Turton

John J
I would hope many Challengers will at least have had their first vaccination jab, some might have had their second by the time May comes around.

I had my first a couple of weeks back - anyone else been 'done' yet?
Still not had mine or even a mention John.
The old vaccination lottery problem.
The predictor reckons my 2nd could be during the Challenge.
Sadly, the way this is being both advised and handled by the people in charge mean it's a lottery of timing too.

John J
I would hope many Challengers will at least have had their first vaccination jab, some might have had their second by the time May comes around.

I had my first a couple of weeks back - anyone else been \'done\' yet?
I had my first AstraZeneca vaccine on Monday (080221) so will have had both doses before TGOC. I was surprised to be called as I’m 67 and therefore younger than people in the first four vulnerable persons categories. It seems some areas are performing better than others - I’m in NW of England.

Still got everything crossed!

Had my Pfizer #1 dose two weeks ago. Very efficient here in Southwark, SE London with now better than average figures. I'm not on the Challenge but it would be great to travel. Keeping fingers crossed for you all.

Not encouraging news from Holyrood today :worried:

Hopefully things will change though

Isn't todays Holyrood announcement the nail in the coffin for the central belt and international challengers? In Central areas we'll be back in tier 3, no travel outside LA and international travellers will still be barred from travelling.

So unless the rules for tier 3 are tweaked to allow unlimited domestic travel... the game seems to be very much a bogey for Mid May.

Having read through the First Ministers exit plan it leaves everything in the balance.

It would appear that entrants from overseas will have little chance.

At the moment the vast majority of Covid cases in Scotland are in the central belt, i.e. stretching completely across from Glasgow through Edinburgh.

When Scotland moves from lockdown back to the WHO defined tiered system it seems likely that the central belt will be in Tier 3.

However in Highland, Grampian and Tayside the case levels are low enough to be probably rated as Tier 2 thus permitting the TGO to go ahead but how do we get there with travel to/from Tier 3 areas being forbidden.

Does everyone fly in via Inverness or Aberdeen?

But we still have 10 weeks to go, it coud all change.

An interesting conumdrum for Sue & Ali