​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Margaret Fowkes

*certainly knew of them

So sorry to hear the very sad news about your mum. I too met her on my first Tgo in 2010.
My condolences ..Will be sadly missed.

Barry T

Saddened to learn of another real legend lost. Margaret and Bernard were extraordinary and I was always impressed with their level of fitness. My condolences to her family.

Very sad news Jackie.I remember walking with you and your family in Cona Glen once, great chat, your Mum always looked very good for her age, I remember her telling me when I commented on her skin, oh I only use Aldis moisturiser, and it sure worked.Lovely person.Take care all.

Another sad loss. I met Margaret and family on my first Challenge at Mar Lodge and remember the happiness of the whole group. My sympathy to Jackie and the rest of the family.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

I met your Mum and Dad on a number of Challenges, they were a truly delightful couple.

The Fowkes family are legends amongst Challenges, your Mum and Dad will not be forgotten.

Take care.

R.I.P.

So sorry to hear this. I think Margaret was one of the first Challengers I ever met and she and her family were so friendly and welcoming. A true Challenge Legend – she will be much missed. My thoughts are with all her family.

Margaret was a true Legend. A wealth of experience and ready to give selfless encouragement, companionship and merriment. Safe trails, dear soul.

Sincere condolences to the Fowkes family. We had occasion to chat with Bernard and Margaret at different points on the Challenge. It was always fun to discuss who of the four of us was the oldest party. We admired them both for their hardiness. It was indeed sad news.

Jack and Margaret ( true mates ) Always seemed to run into them in the strangest of places , and always seemed to have the kettle on . Never forget Margarets feet at Memus she was hard as nails (in the mind) true grit , and always had a kind helpful word . Truly missed